Sagging skin on the inner side of the arm in the triceps area is a common occurrence in women who do not play sports at any age. Flabby skin of the arms is not always the result of age-related changes, the main reason is the atony of the muscles of the arms, including the triceps muscle of the shoulder. The only effective and only way to combat this temporary defect is to do inner arm exercises.
What Causes Flabby Upper Arms?
At any age, with a sedentary lifestyle, the muscles are in an atonic state, which means their weakening, loss of tone, low ability to contract. This is also called muscle atrophy, which do not perform their basic functions, do not work in the process of life, which means they lose their tone. The firmness of the skin directly depends on the condition of the muscles that the skin protects. If the muscles are soft, then the skin on them looks flabby.
Since the triceps work the least in everyday life, unlike the biceps, which is involved in lifting bags and other loads, the skin on the inner arm, where the triceps muscle is located, is the weakest. If you do not perform the main function of the muscle – extension of the arms, then the muscle becomes atonic, therefore, flabby and saggy. Therefore, so that the skin does not hang, doing triceps exercises is the only way to solve the problem.
Another reason for the visual sagging of the arms is the presence of body fat. The structure of adipose tissue is loose, in contrast to muscle, which is dense and elastic. The thicker the layer of subcutaneous fat, the more the flabbiness of the arms is manifested in conjunction with the relaxed muscles.
To tighten the muscles of the arms, it is important to get rid of fat at the same time, for this it is necessary to perform exercises and exclude flour and confectionery products, sausages, smoked meats, carbonated drinks from the diet.
The 6 Best Inner Arm Flab Exercises
We present a set of effective exercises designed to strengthen the arms, most of which are performed with their own weight, and some require additional equipment at hand – dumbbells or half-liter bottles. It is necessary to perform each exercise before a burning sensation in the triceps occurs, as soon as the muscles refuse to work, take a minute pause, and so on for 3 sets of each exercise.
1. Bench Dip
- Sitting on a bench, place your palms under your shoulders.
- Move your pelvis off the floor, start bending your elbows, bringing them to a right angle.
- Push up from the bench with the efforts of the triceps. Repeat the required number of times until the muscles fail.
The higher the body is above the floor level, the lighter the load. Therefore, the exercise is suitable for absolutely all ages and fitness levels.
- Place your palms under your shoulders – in a narrow stance, bend your elbows to a right angle, keeping close to your torso.
- Return to the starting position by contracting the triceps muscles.
Increase the load gradually.
3. Push the Palms
Static tension will strengthen the muscles without additional stress.
- Connect your palms at chest level, place your elbows and hands in one line.
- Squeeze your palms as much as possible and hold for 10-15 seconds without holding your breath.
Pause briefly and repeat.
4. Dumbbell Kickback
The exercise can be done with dumbbells or small bottles.
- Bend your knees and tilt your torso forward.
- Raise your elbows to the level of your shoulder joints, forming a straight line at the shoulder.
- The back is straight. The forearms hang freely.
- Take the dumbbells back all the way, contracting the triceps, fully extend the elbows.
- Relax and lower your hands slowly.
5. Dumbbell Tricep Extension
- The exercise is performed on each arm in turn.
- Raise one arm up, fully straightening your elbow.
- Keeping the elbow joint still, lower the dumbbell behind your head, fully bending the joint.
- Unbend and repeat on one side, then change to the other.
6. Elbow Plank
This modification of the plank comes from the practice of yogis. Maintain the position as much as you can, gradually increasing the time spent in the pose. Most importantly, do not hold your breath.
- Stand on a plank with your hands under your shoulders.
- Bend your elbows like a push-up with a narrow stance and lock the position at the bottom.
- The angle at the elbow is 90 degrees, the shoulder is parallel to the floor, and the forearm is strictly perpendicular.
When finished, pause and repeat 2 more times.
How to Get Rid of Saggy Arm Skin?
- Often the sagging of the skin of the arms is due to a sharp weight loss, when the fat goes away too quickly, and the skin does not have time and remains stretched. To do this, do not resort to rigid diets, go to the right diet and exercise regularly.
- To tone the arms and tighten the skin, train other muscles in the complex, the triceps antagonist is the biceps brachii muscle, and the chest muscles, where the triceps acts as an assistant. Doing exercises for bending the arms, various presses should also be present in the workouts.
Don’t ignore resistance training in the gym for fear of gaining large arm muscles. All this is a myth, the nature of the female body did not provide for the formation of female arms to such volumes as in bodybuilders. On the contrary, strength training helps tone the muscles, including preventing the skin from sagging on the inside of the arms.